Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Growing like a weed!





We went to a pediatrician appointment for Mila yesterday and she is now nearly 18 pounds and is 27 and a half inches long. I can't believe she has grown over 8 inches in just 9 months! She is doing great, eating plenty and is on track with developmental milestones. Last night before we went to bed she almost stood up on her own, so I guess that will be the next big thing to happen.


Richard's hotel is doing well, they just replaced the carpet and floors, and soon they will be working on the decor of the rooms. He's really happy there and his management staff are great.


I start my new job as a human care service worker at a mental hospital in a week. I go to training for 2 weeks and then I'm going to be working in the 'float' pool, which means I'll get a chance to work in every ward. That includes the forensics ward, which is where inmates are, so I'm a little nervous about that!


We are going to the York toy train convention on Friday, so hopefully I'll have some pictures of that up soon!